Time to say goodbye to the decade. As this blog is "california training", on the training/triathlon front, it was a great year.
missions were accomplished. i had a few goals this past year.
1) Complete my first Ironman
2) Qualify for Ironman World Championships
3) Have the top amateur run split in Kona
...check! (is this check thing getting annoying?)
4) Not get dropped on every ride and not be a "liability"
....working on it. not a total check, not at all.
5) run a sub 3-hour marathon (okay, this wasn't a 2010 goal until october, but it was a general "bucket list" goal
5) Top 10 age group finish in Kona
Well, that now becomes goal #1 for next year. Actually that is goal #2.
Goal #1 for next year is to take 15-20 minutes off of my Ironman bike split (so I want to get in the 5:30 range). WHOA. Scary. Even scarier if you've been on a ride with me lately and understand the State of the Union over here. Goal #3 is to share the 30-34 podium with my husband at Ironman Texas (and maybe some halfs...) but he's got to hold up his end of the deal there and not blow up, so it's only 50% within my control.
Team Walsh is on our way. We finished out the year with Team running hill repeats today ...and saw Kerri at the top of Torrey Pines - she had her new Christmas camera with her!
Oh yes, and resolutions... I do have a couple. I resolve to...
1) save more energy for the husband. sometimes i tend to leave it all in the work day & workouts and am not very wifely when i finally get home.
2) dress cuter at work. really. i workout before work and tend to get ready in 10 minutes. i pull the hair back in a bun and do the makeup in the car. so, by having a cute outfit, i can actually look halfway professional without going big on the actual prep. today i SHOPPED. and holy sales, i bought all this for just about $400. i kill it! that will be my only shopping of the year for that type of stuff. i hate shopping for work clothes.
3) stop saying i'm going to stop eating the snacks in the teachers lounge and eating after dinner unless I really am going to do it. james will really appreciate this.
4) update all the links and such on the side of my blog. half of the blog roll probably isn't even in existence. i also resolve to actually comment on more of the blogs i read. i LOVE reading blogs- and i read every blog in my feed. but half the people i read probably don't even realize it! i think my lack of comments sometimes is due to the annoying "word verification". i hate that crap. thats why i don't have it on my blog. and guess what? in 3 years, i have only ever gotten like 3 spam comments. just sayin'.
5) blog more. i love it! i'm just lazy.
that's about it. Peace!
I leave you with pictures from the Beer Mile....Kerri won best dressed. I agree!